Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

My Home Tour ~ part 1 Foyer

Well, it's been awhile.....  I have been busy non-stop.  Family, kids, horses, events and friends.  Again I am reminded of enjoying each moment we have here on earth.   I just need some lessons in time management!


  And I have decided that I HAVE to start my house tour on here!  In three weeks, it will be a year that we have lived in our house.  So it's time!


I am going to try to do this from the front door on.  So we'll start with the foyer and go from there.  Sound good? Hopefully that's a faint yes I hear!   So without further ado (yes I looked that up to make sure I was spelling it right!)    Here is the start of my very own Home Tour!


Come on in.......



I needed a VERY narrow piece for in here.  Found this one on Overstock.com



View from the other side



Chandy that my cousin sent me, it had amber glass and I changed it all to crystal from an online lamp parts source.  My sweet cousin also purged her ceiling medallion which I quickly scarfed up!


Collection of canes, umbrellas and odds & ends!  I found this cute bamboo stand in the thrift store.  One of my favorite places to shop!



I had this frame for probably 8 yrs, sitting waiting to be used in the basement of my old house.  Found a use quickly here!  I found this cute little table at one of my favorite consignment shops and spray painted it red.  I had credit from bringing things there, so free! :)



And here is a shot looking into the foyer from the Family room.




Linking up to....






Thanks for looking!  And check back for part 2, the Dining room! :)

XOXO

17 comments:

highheeledlife said...

Great entrance! I love the narrow piece you discovered - it looks perfect in the space. How wonderful to have a cousin with great taste too!!! Love how you made it yours with a little change! ..xo HHL

Terri said...

How exciting, I can't wait to see the rest of your gorgeous home! You have such a talent for putting things together beautifully. Please come to NM and help me with a soon to start major remodel :)

And I can't believe how beautiful (and big!) your kids are! I remember the old GI days before you had them! Blessed indeed!!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Kristi, we finally get a peek into your beautiful home! Can't wait to see more.

Stacey said...

Oh I love the entrance area to your new home. So glad you shared with us. Can't wait to see some more. :)

Stephanie said...

Your home is so lovely! You have a great style.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Kristi, so glad to meet you! such a gorgeous home and entry. Love your console from Overstock, just perfect! Thanks so much for coming by and linking up to VIF, hope you'll be a regular! xo

Designing Lady Jane said...

You have a beautiful home, thanks for inviting us in to see. Your header photo is lovely.

Jen Kershner said...

Well, you could've knocked me over I was so surprised to see a post from my sweet friend! I love your house (that console-perfection!) and can't wait to hear more. I'm emailing you with a question about the runner on your stairs as we are having installation problems with ours.

Rooms by Ann said...

I am so glad you're back. Your new home is georgous, I love the entry ,the chandy and the narrow cabinet. Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower.

All That Glitters said...

Hey girl!!! I've been thinking about you! I hope you and your lovelies have been doing good too! Your home is beautiful! I need that time management help too girl! haha!


I can't believe it's been a year already!

Have a good week!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

GORGEOUS entry!!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kristi,

I love what I see so far. You have wonderful taste. The chandelier looks fantastic with the ceiling medallion.

xo,
Dee

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I am sooooooo glad to finally seeing your home. You just disappeared on me. So glad you are back!! Your home is gorgeous as I knew it would be.

arrielle_p said...

Wow You have a lovely home! So nice to live in a place like that. Thanks for the tour up! :)

philippine real estate

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

HI again, Krisit, Your foyer id lovely! I love the railings on your stairs too, I love the combo of wood and iron. The 2 tables are great and love anything bamboo so love the umbrella holder. XO, Pinky

The Decorative Dreamer said...

I just took all the tours! Woohoo! How did I miss these? Your home has turned out so beautifully and I love all of your decorating choices. You have such a wonderful style. I really love the "narrow" foyer table (I need one of those) and your big dining room hutch. They are both such wonderful pieces. Everything is so gorgeous! Thanks for the tour!

The Martys said...

Where have I been? I am so glad to see you back and am excited to see more of your gorgeous house. Love it so far.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails