Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy 40th!!!

Taking another small break from the Home Tour for a special day!

This past weekend we celebrated John's 40th birthday!  His actual birthday was during the week, but we decided to have it on Saturday.  Which also happened to be St Patrick's day!  What FUN!!   I made corned beef and cabbage for the very first time.  And literally quadrupled a Racheal Ray recipe for Shepard's pie.  And I'll toot my own horn and say it came out pretty darn good!!

Here is the GIANT pot I did 20 lbs of corned beef and cabbage in!



I suggest drinking this when you are making something you have NEVER made before for 25 people! ;)



The start of the Shepard's pie




The end result of the Shepard's pie!




The birthday boy blowing out his candles :)



The weather has been SO BEAUTIFUL here in upstate NY!  I have been a painting fool (hence my absence from the home tour)  I bought these window boxes last year at my favorite consignment store and I am painting them the same color as our shutters.  They will go on the front porch between the columns when I'm done.  I got all 5 of them for $35.  Bargain!




I stained the garage stairs (the door needs the tape taken off and painted!!)  and still needs a coat of poly.


My little sister is moving into her house next week and I have been waiting for a nice day to finish her kitchen chairs.  They are black and the seats are stained.







Stay tuned for more of the Home Tour!!

XOXO


5 comments:

Rooms by Ann said...

OH what fun that sheperd's pie looks so yummy.I like te color of the window boxes.Looking forward to the rest of the home tour.Thanks for sharing.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Happy Birthday to the hubs! Kristi that sheperd's pie looked amazing!!

sofa table said...

Hey
The Thrifty Gypsy
Many Thanks, I'm very glad to peer your post
An interesting dialogue is worth comment
Thank you!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

What a lovely room! Those window treatments are stunning! I love your French chair you've got by the window. Such a pretty setting!

And, I love shepherds pie too but I have to make mine without peas because my hubby won't touch them. Looks yummy!

Nancy

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

What a lovely room! Those window treatments are stunning! I love your French chair you've got by the window. Such a pretty setting!

And, I love shepherds pie too but I have to make mine without peas because my hubby won't touch them. Looks yummy!

Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails