Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

First Holy Communion

I am going to sneak this post in with the home tour, hope you understand! :)    My boys made their First Communion a few weeks ago at our church.  This is an important milestone for all of us.  Our faith has always remained the same, but our church road has taken some turns.  I know we are finally "home".  

In our church the kids take a communion class and actually make the unleavened bread.  They put all ingredients together, knead and then roll it out.  They each put a small cross on it before we baked it.  Our Pastor explains everything while we are in this process.  The next day the whole congregation receives the holy communion that the kids have made the night before.  

Here are some pictures we took with the ipod so they aren't great quality, but at least we have some. :)




Kneading the dough.









Kristopher



Johnny



My very humble attempt at making their cake.  Not my forte but I try! :)



                                              Love these boys with all my heart and soul!



                         It was really a special day for our family!  Thanks for sharing it with us!


                                                                        XOXO

5 comments:

Mama Sue said...

Good for them! Such an important step in life! The cake looks pretty good to me and I'm sure it tasted great.

highheeledlife said...

Congratulations to your boys on their First Communion, it is such a special moment. That is a brilliant idea to have the children make the unleavened bread ... it will surely mean so much more and they will gain a better understanding of it's place in Mass.

Your cake looks perfect! It was baked with the most important ingredient a Mother's LOVE! xo HHL

Rooms by Ann said...

Congrats, such a big moment in a family,glad you shared it. The cake looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi! Oh, I'm so happy for you and your young men's first communion.
They are just dolls!
Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jen Kershner said...

I love that Kristi! What a creative way to make the kids that much more involved!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails