Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Home Tour Part 6&7~ Kitchen and Keeping room

 Here is our kitchen and keeping room!!!  Finally!

I tried to get pictures from all different places of the kitchen to give you a good idea of how it "lives" so to speak.    The cabinets are "divinity" with a mocha glaze on them.  I agonized FOR-EVA on glaze, no glaze......    Glaze it is!   The island is black and distressed.    The stools were my mothers.  They were cherry, but became black to go with the island. 






This shot is from standing in the keeping room into the kitchen


Standing behind the kitchen table


Eating area


Wall display in the eating area.  It's funny, it took me literally THREE months before I hung stuff on the walls when we moved in.  The flow was so different from my old house, I just couldn't decide right away.  Then my cousin came to visit and we were hangin' fools!






The sink wall.  I have a love/hate relationship with my farm sink.  That is a post for another day.  I LOVE my baskets and use them for bread, fruit and veggies!






Range wall



Opposite side



Fridge, wall oven, micro and desk wall





From the other side of the island looking at range wall







Another shot of the opposite wall




My cute little desk, I love my bookshelf for all my junk and cookbooks!




Close-up
















This little vignette is above the refrigerator.  I LOVE vintage kitchen items.  I have been collecting it bit by bit for awhile.















My copper pots and a little jelly cabinet I got years ago and gave it a makeover!  remember it here?





another shot of the sink wall







I originally was going to go with a black or orb faucet.  I am SO HAPPY neither where available and I ended up on whim getting the copper and I LOVE IT!!!









Island shot, walking in from where the family room is.







More island details




I really loved the look of burlap.  However I LOVE color (did you notice?) and knew I wouldn't be entirely happy with JUST burlap.  So I explained this to my friend Kathleen and while she looked at me like I had two heads at first, then she got it!

over the sink




eating area



The keeping room
aka- a very cozy extension of the kitchen!




Another room full of my bargain finds!  The chair (which is normally in the opposite corner, but I'm having a party tomorrow!) is from Sally's boutique, $12.99.   The chair is Henredon and I paid $8 with down cushion included.  Of course it needed to be recovered.  But I'm willing to bet this chair was around $2k new (Henredon has ridiculous prices, but wonderful furniture). 




 A shot of how the rooms merge together




I got this basket at Sally's for $4, but when I found the Pottery Barn check liner at a garage sale for 50 cents, I was OVER the moon!! :)  We have pillows and blankets in here overflowing usually. :)


My mom picked up this lamp for me years ago for $2 at city mission.  It was in the kitchen of my old house.  It's in our gene's to go junkin!  The table I found on ebay and it goes with the sofa table in the family room that I got at a garage sale!


Fireplace wall, I got the copper tub (can't remember the real name for it) at my favorite consignment shop.  I love going there because I always have "credit" from what I bring to sell. So when I shop, it's almost always "free"!


Other side of the keeping room.  Armoire we had in our old house.  I found it on ebay.  The card table with folding chairs were supposed to be temporary.  Well it's been over a year and we LOVE it in this room.  We use it all the time for games, puzzles, coloring, school work or whatever we want.  We can leave whatever we are doing and go eat at the kitchen table.  Very convenient for parties too!








Looking back toward the Family room from the keeping room through the kitchen.




I splurged on this sign from Ballard (with a coupon of course!) and love it on this wall!


Here is a shot from the keeping room fireplace into the kitchen, to give you a good idea of the view!





I really hope you enjoyed the tour, blogger is being a PAIN tonight!!!  Just uploading the pictures took an hour!  And I thought I lost them all TWICE!  I'm exhausted!! LOL! 


I'm linking up to these parties!  Come join the fun!





XOXO












A shot of how the rooms merge together

46 comments:

Gloria said...

Hello! I just discovered your blog and have been reading some of your posts. I've enjoyed seeing your lovely home. Your children are beautiful as well!
Best,
Gloria

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your home is stunning and I love your decor. Fabulous kitchen. Hugs, Marty

Maria Elena said...

What a gorgeous home! Your kitchen is just beautiful!I love every detail! I really enjoyed your post!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Beautiful! We have a kithen with keeping room as well, though not as large as yours. You have a wonderful style! Linda

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Your keeping room and kitchen are my favorites! I just adore kitchens with sitting areas right off of them and yours is wonderful. I love the chandeliers over the island and the beautiful mix or your decorating style.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I enjoyed this so much! You have a gorgeous home and have given me many ideas for my own. I am so glad I stopped by today :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kristi, just gorgeous. You have thought of every little detail. I love the copper faucet, too. Oh, how I want your red checked chair. Love it. Beautiful home!

Connie said...

What a beautiful home. Yes, I enjoyed the tour. You've done a great job for yourself and your family.

The Martys said...

I love your kitchen and keeping room. Totally my style. I absolutely adore that rooster lamp. Your home is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Amy

Sue said...

So glad you came by, Kristi. You have a very pretty country home and you've paid a lot of attention to accessory details! Much as I like the look of a farm sink, they aren't practical to me. I want a separate place to rinse my dishes! Love your brass faucet set and all of your vintage kitchen tools. Hope you'll be back again! Sue

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful kitchen with all of us Kristi! Kim

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kristi I LOVE LOVE your style! Beautiful kitchen and keeping room, love all that red!!

A Southern Rose said...

I just fell in love with your beautiful home! I love your kitchen. Everything about it. We are planning a kitchen remodel soon...and you have given me so many ideas. I really love the wall with your oven,fridge and desk area. I need that! :)

All That Glitters said...

I'm just in love with it all! Why can't we live closer?!!! We would have the best time out junkin and we both love big hair! I love your plaid chair! I want something like that and can't find nothing here. I really love your stove hood and I love your urn with your rolling pens! I'm still looking for decent price rolling pens! haha!

Have a fun party! You have the perfect house for it!

Can't wait to hear about your farm sink.I heard to stay away from white sinks, but I love the look of one!

The Tuscan Home said...

Wow, what a gorgeous home. I love all the attention to detail. You are extremely talented and your vignettes are amazing. Thanks for the lovely tour. Xo- Liz

Ivy and Elephants said...

Your home is stunning. Every picture I kept say "OMG...this is my favorite". After about the 5th pic I gave up because I love them all. Thank you for this wonderful post! I would love it if you would share this at our What’s It Wednesday blog party. Hope to see you there.

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

P.S. BTW...your children are beautiful.

Angie said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! I was so excited to see this post and you most certainly did not disappoint. Everything is just perfection. I don't even know where to begin so I'll just say I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!!

Highpoint Circle said...

Beautiful kitchen. Beautiful children. I love home tours and have done a few at highpointcircle. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter to you and yours.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

O....M....Goodness, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I have gotten so many wonderful ideas and inspiration from the one post!!! We are building a new home and will have an open kitchen, eating area, morning room, and great room. I am SOOOOOOO excited to decorate it. Can you tell me where you got your rugs???? The runners in the kitchen are beautiful as is the keeping room rug. I LOVE your range hood! What a beautiful space. XO, Pinky

Sooner Laura said...

What a beautiful welcoming space! Things I love best - the valances with burlap and RED and the chandys. But the entire space is amazing. A kitchen with a keeping room is on my dream house list.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Your kitchen and keeping room are lovely. Love the island! The chandeliers are wonderful. There's lots of lovely design going on. Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower too....Linda

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen area is big! Its so pretty wonderful and homey.
I like it. We are empty nesters and dont need an area that big.

Pamela
Ohio

Stacey said...

I LOVE YOUR STYLE! You have several of the same fabrics I have and I just love all your little details. Your kitchen is to die for!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Wow, your home is gorgeous!! I love the kitchen and the red buffalo print is fabulous. I had to go back and look again so I didn't miss anything.
Hugs, Sherry

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kristi, what a gorgeous home! Every single detail is just perfect! Everything feels so warm and welcoming...you are quite a talented lady!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! Your kitchen is beautiful and so big! You are so blessed to have such a gorgeous home.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Deserae said...

Your kitchen is so gorgeous.....I love your black island and vintage kitchen collectibles!!!!! The keeping room is so inviting too and I just adore your red check chair. Everything is so stunning :o) I am so happy that you FINALLY have your dream home....you so deserve it!!!!
Happy Easter!
~Des

Rooms by Ann said...

Girl, I have said it before I love your house, These two rooms are so spectular,I love everything you chose to put in from the kitchen to the drapes and that armoire is to die for. Just GORGEOUS keep it comming. I am crazy about all the bargins you have found, We could be two peas in a pod (lol) Thanks for sharing.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kristi,

WOW! Your kitchen is stunning! I love how you decorated each area. The keeping room I could live in. Your home is gorgeous!!!

xo,
Dee

P.S. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love your gorgeous kitchen! Your whole house is amazing.

~Shanon

Pamela said...

You have such a beautiful home! Thank you for sharing it with us all!!

Nothing But Blue Skies... said...

Your kitchen is just gorgeous! Found you via French Country Cottage, and I am so glad I did! I will be following you! :-) Thanks for all of the inspiration!
xo-Lisa

cherry said...

sooo lovely...I showed jeff too. he was commenting on the roosters...ohhh you have the same roosters he says! rofl....what a guy! I bought the budget friendly apron sink from ikea..it has a divider thoughh so hopefully I will like it. Our quartz goes in this friday...on the 13th arghh rofl. I have painted one cabinet creamy white from sw....like the color but did not like how it went on....I am afraid to keep going but have too. I bought my faucet off overstock..it is a almost black polished brass with the hot and cold labels...very cottagey. Once we get all this done...I hope to work on jeff a bit ....getting him to realize we NEED hardwood floors. rofl, cherry

Lisa said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful! Plus, it looks warm and inviting. I wish you could come help me decorate mine...

Jen Kershner said...

I'm sorry this post was such a pain for you. It was worth it though. For me! I love it all Kristi! I need to hear more about your sink as that is high on my list of kitchen must haves when the time comes. It also MUST be an undermount like yours. I even want the same style faucet. I adore your keeping room. I would spend so much time in there. It is so cozy. Is that the PB sofa? Which did you get and how is it holding up? Sorry for this novel of a comment!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

So gorgeous! I posted my keeping room but yours is about 5 times bigger! lol In fact, all of those areas are so much bigger than mine. You have such a dreamy set up!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Kristi, I LOVE your kitchen and keeping room! I was already LOVING the window treatments before I got to the pictures of them...LOVE red...LOVE checks...LOVE burlap! I could move right in and not change a thing! Truly beautiful!

Lou Cinda :)

New Follower!

Unknown said...

Your kitchen and keeping room are so big and so pretty! I love the light cabinets and black painted pieces. You have a great vintage kitchen accessory collection too. Thanks for sharing photos of your lovely home.

Stacey said...

Hi Kristi. :)

I keep coming back over and over to look at your house. Can you share any info about the two chandeliers in your kitchen? I just love those and would love to do something similar.

Michele Smith said...

Wow! Just gorgeous. You have an eye for decorating. I love everything about these rooms! I am drooling over that checked chair! Your curtains are awesome, I have that same toile fabric sitting in a room with all my other fabrics LOL It matches the comforter on my bed.

The Boehmer's said...

Hi there! I just found your blog from someone's pic they pinned on 'french country kitchen ideas' and I am in LOOOOVE with your kitchen and keeping room. I seriously wouldn't change a thing. Absolutely beautiful and although I love the layout, it won't work in our home sadly. I'm not sure if you'll get this, but I'm curious on the color choice of your cabinets.......did you use a plain white with a glaze or an off-white to start with? It looks just about the exact color I'm hoping for and maybe you can help me out :) Thanks so much for sharing! LOVE it!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kristi,

Just took your kitchen tour and it is great! Love your sink and bridge faucet and wondered if the faucet is a Roul? Can you let me know the brand and how you like it. I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen and just got a farmhouse sink. Can't wait until its installed. I got white cabinets like you and just love the look.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Hi Kristi, I had to come back to see this again. I can not tell you how much I LOVE your home. You have the TOUCH! Just beautiful!!! Have a great weekend.

Lori Anne said...

I have just found your blog and am totally in love with your kitchen. Could you please tell me what color paint you used? That is the exact color I want, but I find yellow/gold is so hard for me to choose! Thanks so much.

Sandy said...

Love your home....Would like to know what brand and color of paint are on your wall's....TIA

Unknown said...

Could You explain how the curtains were done with burlap ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails