Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Home Tour part 4 ~ The Library

Let me first start by saying, I totally waited until the wrong part of the day to take these pictures. And I was afraid if I waited until the next day to take the pictures, a) I would wait too long in the day and take them in the same light and b) the room would not be as clean as it is right this moment. The probability of the latter is about 99%, soooooo I decided to post these anyway, not-so-great pictures and all.

The "Library" which is really the home office, functions a few ways, so that is why we call it the Library. It is another smallish room in our home but functions big. Before we actually moved in, I had the furniture laid out in my head totally different. And while it IS packed with furniture, I tried to keep everything on the smaller scale so it all worked. It isn't sparse by any means, but we can all sit in here nicely doing all different things. Which was what I envisioned from the beginning, so it works well.    We can read, play piano, play on the computer and (last but not least) one of our favorites... listen to our record player!!!!

Nothing in this room was purchased "new" except two things. The bookcases are from Ballard Design. We bought them while living in our old house and I love them. The panels were purchased from Tuesday morning years ago and I did use them in our old house as well. I still may change them, but it felt so naked in here with nothing. I'm sure there will be changes in here to come but for now this is it. :)


This is the view from the foyer




A little closer (I used flash, because I HAD to, I usually hate flash, the end, lol)   We bought this piano from a neighbor in our old development. Both boys take lessons and are doing well!



My cousin knew I was on the lookout for a crystal chandelier and she found this on her local Craig's list.  So she drove this all the way up here from Alabama when she came to visit.  Like Forrest says,  she and I are like "peas and carrots"!!!



Packed with our books and pictures



My old riding boots, trophy's and other chatckies!




I love old cameras




Bought this photo "roller" at a yard sale a couple of years ago, thought it was neat.



My desk where I play online  :)

I still need a chair for here, this one works, but is temporary


 
This is one of my FAVORITE Salvation Army finds.  It's a Baker desk I found about 7 years ago.  I didn't buy it when I saw it, I thought about it ALL NIGHT LONG and drove right back there the next morning and bought it!  Love this desk!


One of our favorite records we listen to, the story of Annie!!


My mom found this adorable little french footstool for $10 in a thrift shop in Florida and then asked "would you like this?"  Ummm YES mom, I most certainly would!!   I recovered it in a plaid scrap I had in my collection.



This was my mother's sofa, it's about 32 yrs old.  I had it reupholstered and had the cushions wrapped in down and it's very comfy but small scale, which nothing seems to be these days new.  Nothing big would have fit in this room!  The little wood throw blanket I found on ebay.   The check pillows I found at TJ Maxx years ago and matched the panels.   The needlepoint pillow I bought from Des over at Peeking at the Sunflowers.  Couldn't pass it up!


Mary Kay Crowley, love her art.  I bought these gliclee's online and then framed them myself.


Found this oil painting at one of my favorite consignment shops. I painted the black on the frame to break up the gold.



My mom found these cut glass lamps for me at City Mission, they were $5.99 each.  I paired them with lamps from another thrift shop.    I made the table topper from a scrap piece of fabric, cut it in a square and glued the trim on with fabri-tac. The tablecloth underneath is not as hideous as it looks, but I still am on the lookout for another one.  This table is an odd height and circumference.  I think I need an 84" round.


Vintage riding books, I LOVE books!  Old, new and everything in between!


Coffered ceiling



Well, that's it for today!  I hope you enjoyed the tour of the Library!

I am joining these parties and hope you will come and join the fun with us!!


WOW us Wednesday's at Savvy Southern Style

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here!

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage



Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground

XOXO


23 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Another beautiful room Kristi, that I absolutely LOVE!!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kristi,

I love your library. It's so inviting and warm. The chandelier is gorgeous. Your drapes do work well in the room.

Dee

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Fabulous tour and your home is stunning. Hugs, Marty

Susan said...

Kristi your room is gorgeous! I love red and white too. I have red gingham curtains in my kitchen.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kristi, I love this room. You know how I love all the equestrian stuff.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

This is my first time here and I love your home, it is fabulous and so are your pics, otherwise we would not appreciate the beauty of your rooms and decor, lol! Love the library, everything is so warm and inviting. I just became your latest follower, hope you like to visit me as well. Hugs,
FABBY

Rooms by Ann said...

Another fabulous room, I love the drapery, The colors are beautiful.I love your choices. Thanks for sharing.

At The Picket Fence said...

Your home is so gorgeous! Warm, cozy and it has such a wonderful English sensibility. All lovely! :-)
Vanessa
P.S. New follower here!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kristi, This is such a pretty and cozy room. Thank you for linking to the Open House party.
Hugs, Sherry

Angie said...

I am loving seeing all the gorgeous rooms in your new house. I am jealous of your tole trays in your dining room. I only have one I got from a yard sale. I see some I like on Ebay, but can't decide which ones to get. I would love to have a collection like you do. So happy you are back to blogging! I am trying to get back at it too!

Becca Bertotti said...

Hey there, Kristi! It's been awhile. Last time we chatted, I believe it was about the paint colors in my house (Restrained Gold). I LOVE your new home!! And, your library is beautiful ... love the mix of new and vintage ... and, the chandie is gorgeous! I'm off to catch up on your last few posts!

The Martys said...

I think this room is cozy. Your drapes look great in there and that chandelier is stunning. Can't wait to see more.

Cynthia said...

Kristi the room is great. I love the chandelier and the curtains. Great tour.

KimMalk said...

Hi Kirsti, the rooms certainly looks comfortable and well loved. It's so cool you have your mom's old sofa and so many other vintage/well loved items.

Kim said...

Wow! The house is really coming along Kristi! I love this room and especially those gorgeous window treatments. Very cozy and inviting. Great ceiling too!
xoxo,
Kim

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your curtains caught my eye and I just had to pop in! Your room is gorgeous. I have similar colors in our living room with original dark trim, but I love the lighter feel of your painted white trim. And the red sofa!! Great vintage accessories, too. Visiting from Common Ground.

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Oh, it's soooooo beautiful; the arched doorway, the coffered ceiling - stunning!

S
xo

Jen Kershner said...

I love your library! No wonder you couldn't stop thinking about that desk all night. It's perfection! What a cozy room you have created. I love that you have a record player!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

What a beautiful room kristie. I love those curtains! The ceiling and light fixtures are so pretty! The fabric on your ottoman reminds me of the fabric on my chair.

Beautiful room!

Lou cinda

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

What a beautiful room kristie. I love those curtains! The ceiling and light fixtures are so pretty! The fabric on your ottoman reminds me of the fabric on my chair.

Beautiful room!

Lou cinda

cherry said...

you know I love red....loving the library....has some english influences ralph laurenish. Heyyy do you ever talk to kat or pam??? I was thinking about when we use to talk...miss that! we are redoing our kitchen...getting quartz countertops and I will than plunge into painting our cabinets. I have done one cabinet door already..so NO going back. We got the ikea farmhouse sink and I got a new faucet off overstock...so excited. What about louann?? didnt she paint her kitchen cabinets? what happened to her. ok bookm wrote here...rofl

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Loved this tour! Now following!

Unknown said...

what colour are the walls
Christine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails