Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Garage doors and more progress!

Things are busy, busy here!  I have been assembling Halloween costumes!  And also on my steady clean out of this house that I need to sell!  (someone needs to actually put it on the market to do this!)  I'm not a  multi-tasker.   Well, I can do it, but I'm not very good at it.  So if I'm multi-tasking, it means whatever I am doing is certainly not my "best" work......  I digress....

Anyway,  here are some progress pictures! 

Kris standing in front of the door that leads into the garage.  I am in the kitchen and he is standing in the mudroom.



I am standing in the eating area of the kitchen looking into the kitchen area...


Standing in the Family room looking at the foyer, upstairs hallway...

Standing in the foyer and looking at the family room....


A shot of the odd shape of the master bedroom, but I like it :)



The garage doors are steel but look "stained" and we are going to go with a very similar color for the front door.





The exterior is almost complete! YAY!  Still  need to add the columns and shutters.  My cousins husband is making the shutters for me.  So those might not be added until spring.  Board and Batten!











Chimney cap is on!








Oh and I figured I'd add a shot of our new neighbors!!  They are always walking around our house checking us out! :)



Update, the interior walls are painted!  Will post those pictures soon too! :)
XOXO

9 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kristin, it is all looking fabulous! Love your chimney cap. I wish I had known about decorative ones when we built. Can't wait to see more. Looks like moving in day is getting closer. Are those turkeys in the yard?

highheeledlife said...

Can't wait to see more.. we are going through huge renovations.. so our home looks pretty much the same... hang in there , it will be beautiful when its complete!! xo HHL

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kristi! How excited you must be to see so much progress. I am sure you are busy decorating in your mind.
xoxo,
Kim

All That Glitters said...

whoo hoo!!!!! looks lovely!!!!

Jen Kershner said...

I can't even believe how gorgeous it is Kristi! Well done!

Pamela said...

Your home is going to be just gorgeous! I tried to leave a comment on the shutter question but it would not let me. I think they would look great in a stained wood with some wrought iron detail like on the garage but for shutters. Something that half rounds at the top and then has sorda of a barn door look. I am sure whatever you decide on will be beautiful!

Garage Doors NYC said...

Garage doors are no longer the regular roll-top ones, which have to be pushed up by hand. These days, garage door openers are provided with various accessories to make opening easier. No matter how heavy the garage door, it can be fitted with the right kind of opener.

Garage Doors NYC

Unknown said...

Wow great garage door. You did a great job! You had a great story to read and it shows what a little bit of hard work can do.
Iron garage doors

Unknown said...

Garage door can keep the home safe because when they close the doors are locked automatically, this way you don't have to worry about locking the doors.

Commercial Rolling Gates Brooklyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails