Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

2 week Holiday!

And I am right smack in the middle of it!  My cousin Lori and her daughter came to visit us last Saturday.   We have been just REALLY having a great time!   Laughing, eating, shopping, eating, swimming, eating, playing games, eating.    You get the picture, LOL!

Oh and I learned something.  When your putting your camera card in your computer to save the pictures, double, triple and QUADRUPLE check the file!  Because POOF, all the pictures are gone! :(     All the house pictures, Madi's birthday and too many more things that is really making me sad.  However I am choosing to look at the positive and be THANKFUL that I have this blog and post pictures on here of our life.  Because now I can save the ones I posted here and still make a nice summer photo book.  How is that for making lemonade out of lemons?

Anyway, I digress.........
The kids are having  blast and I plan to post some more pictures soon.  But I had to show you some really fun things I have found at Sally's and Goodwill this week!



First is this red tole tray I got for 2.99, I was SO excited when I saw it sitting there!
 

Then I got this black one for 1.99 the next day!  In case you don't know, I LOVE red and black tole ware!



Then I picked up this pretty magazine rack for 9.99.  A little more than I usually spend, but it's in really good shape and I love this kind because it keeps the magazines straight and from curling.  Yes, I know I'm nuts!  :)



I couldn't resist this vintage Kodak camera with the case for $1.59!


Then I found this vintage 1950's Kodak Brownie movie camera with the case and all!  $12!  This will go in basement movie room in the new house.  My husband already has a collection of movie posters he is going to put down there so I have been looking for some other goodies!







I have been a little reluctant to post because two of my blog friends have been heavy on my mind.  Kristen passed away over a week ago and I was just shocked to read she had passed and my heart is aching for this beautiful family.   And then I read about my good friend Jen and was really in a state of shock.   It is such a tragedy and my heart just goes out to Jen, I wish I could drive there and comfort her.    These situations make it hard to understand why bad things happen to such good people.   I know it is all part of His plan, but still it is hard for us as humans to understand.  So please keep these families in your prayers!
XOXO

8 comments:

Angie said...

I am absolutely green with envy over those 2 gorgeous tole trays! What a deal!!!

The Martys said...

I also love tole trays and have been on the hunt for a red one. I am also green with envy. I need to go to my Goodwill more often. Sorry to hear about your pictures.

Amy

The Martys said...

I also love tole trays and have been on the hunt for a red one. I am also green with envy. I need to go to my Goodwill more often. Sorry to hear about your pictures.

Amy

Jen Kershner said...

You are such a sweet friend Kristi. You have a heart of gold and I adore you. That stinks about your photos! I would have been so, so sad. I'm glad all is not lost! Love you.

Melissa Miller said...

The trays are GORGEOUS! ;)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a find those trays were! They are simply gorgeous!

Manuela

lori said...

My, My don't we take a lovely picture...And so very symmetrical at that!! Hee-hee! We miss u guys!!!!!
xoxo

Tiffanykzoy said...

What a find those trays were! They are simply gorgeous! Manuela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails