Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Beef Stroganoff, Thrifty Gypsy style

Hi all!  I know I've been absent, what's new right?  I have a "summer fun" post coming up so stay tuned.  But I wanted to share todays dinner with you.   We are going to our trainers barn for  lessons this afternoon and it's 40 miles away so I wanted to have dinner ready for John if we aren't home.
 
I had a package of organic beef chunks and it was a little too hot out for stew.  I always want to make things and then almost always don't have one or two ingredients.  But my skill (sometimes) is improvising!  


Recipe

1 package of beef chunks - I cut them smaller than how they are packaged
1 package of mushrooms halved and sliced
1 large onion chopped
1 cup of beef broth
1/3 brick of cream cheese
1/4 cup milk
a few tablespoons of half and half
flour and/or corn starch
1 lb of Campanelle pasta

Start by boiling your pasta, when it's done put 2 tablespoons of butter in it to keep from sticking.   Season your beef with garlic powder, salt and pepper and brown in a little olive oil.  Take out and put aside, then add a lil butter and put your mushrooms and onion in the pan for a about 5-7 minutes.  Add your beef back in pan and add broth.  Let simmer on low for 10 mins.  Let your cream cheese get room temp and add it along with the milk and half and half and stir to let it break up and meld in the "sauce".  Let simmer for another 5 mins and then add your corn starch and stir real good so it thickens.  Put pasta in your dish and pour this over the top!  Serve with a mixed green salad and voila, you're done! :)

XOXO

10 comments:

Michele Smith said...

How sweet :) looks yummy too!

Stacey said...

Sounds delicious! I could eat way more of that than I should. :)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

OMG this looks so good Kristi!! Hope your having a wonderful summer...I can't believe school starts in a few weeks:-(

Connie said...

Yum!!! This would be a red flag meal for me . . . one of those that I would start and not be able to stop until it was gone, LOL. There are certain comfort foods that just trip that trigger in my brain :)
Looks so good!

Jaybird said...

This looks great to me!!! It is wonderful to "see" you and I hope that all is going well and we will hear more from you soon!! I miss you and your clan :^)
Blessings,
J

Jen Kershner said...

That sounds wonderful! I'm putting it on my must make list. It made me so happy to see an update from you!

Maria said...

Love your blog, stop by Fabulous Friday Party and link up your pretty posts
Thanks
Maria
http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party-new-look/

Linda said...

It looks wonderful!

Shellie Almond said...

This looks amazing! I will have to give this a try its one of my hubby's favorites!

Unknown said...

I really love the red buffalo striped chair and ottoman. Can you please let me know where you got it my email is keyckmans11@gmail.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails