Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Lamp dilemma and a little chat :)

Ok, first things first!   I have decided that in order for me to keep blogging in a somewhat timely manner, I am not going to wait until everything is magazine worthy or edited to death.  I just do not have the time.  And honestly, we don't live that way.  So why put up a charade that we do?  I have 3 kids, 4 horses, we homeschool and our kids do more activities than anyone should!!  My housekeeping has slacked MAJORLY since having kids.  I figure when they are grown and gone I'll have plenty of time to make it all perfect.  Maybe...  And if I wait until my house is perfect there will be no more blog posts.  Deleting the blog would make more sense than waiting!   Whewwwww, I'm glad I got that out!   I consider us friends.  When I look at my stats I see people are reading, and I'm thrilled with that.  So if you're my friend it means you can come over for coffee and a visit and see some clutter, riding boots, an occasional lampshade on the floor (like in this post).  Because you're not going to judge me right?  Well it's ok if you do, just follow the golden rule please! LOL!

 so I have changed lamps in the family room and never shared it. I know, I know......

 I originally had the crystal lamps that you originally saw here.   And here
  

  But about a year or more ago I changed them to these....
 
But now I have found these ADORABLE goldish-tan silk type shades with LEOPARD on the inside, have I mentioned I LOVE having little splashes of leopard.... :)
 
isn't it cute?!
 

Here are what both lamps look like next to the sofa.  Which do you think goes better?   I'm leaning toward the crystal lamps (and a hint, that right table is changing too!!).   But open to suggestions!  I'd love to hear your thoughts! 




And yes,  there is a shade on the floor behind the end table!  We are friends remember?  Come in and have some coffee or tea! ;)


So, what do you think?

XOXO

16 comments:

Stacey said...

Is the leopard lampshade on the crystal lamp? I vote for that. :)

Don't wait till everything's perfect. I don't post often enough and the silly thing is that I think about it all the time. My hangup was that I wanted to have every room finished before posting. That's not real either. I think of blogging like talking to friends about a subject we all have in common. We all have clutter and messy parts...that's life. :)

Let's both post more!!

Deserae said...

My house is never picture perfect...in fact it is lookin like a hot mess right about now!!!! LOL My vote is for the crystal base with the linen and leopard shade :o)
~Des

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

WHERE did you find the leopard lined shade???? I LOVE it and NEED it:):) I really like the crystal lamp better. And, I would NEVER judge you, I have NO idea how you young women blog along with all you have to do!!!!!! ENJOY your weekend!!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kristi I say the crystal lamps and the leopard shades...love them shades by the way!!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Crystal! Crystal! Crystal! And I love the leopard shades!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I prefer the crystal lamps in your home and that a super cute shade. I love it when things have a little bit of the unexpected!

Michele Smith said...

I love your crystal lamps and that peek a boo shade is awesome!

Jaybird said...

If my home was ever perfectly neat, you might as well get ready to carry the coffin!!! I wouldn't be there....
When you come to visit me, just bring your lint roller for the cat hair, and overlook the rest. I'm a fair cook, so I will feed you well, and we have plenty of room in the back lot for the horses!!
Yes Ma'am, I will be at your door most any day....your home is too lovely to miss!
Blessings,
J

Jaybird said...

ooops, I for got the original question....the leopard lamp shades on the crystal lamps...(or brass lamps if you are brave :^)
I wish those leopard shades were around here....I would have to invest!! They are great!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh I love the leopard shade where did you find it?

I like both lamps and bet the leopard shade would be great on the white lamp also, get another leopard shade

Bmore Bungalow said...

I'd go with the crystal lamp with the leopard shade.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I really like the crystal lamps with your couch. So pretty and the shades are perfect. I really like your opening paragraph about waiting till everything is perfect till you blog. I can relate! I homeschool too and yes there is always something laying around. So many times I will start to post and when I load my photos, I see "stuff" in the background and have to start over. Nothing is ever perfect, just an image of perfect. I too, want to blog more and worry less about the imperfection. I'm a new follower. I look forward to hanging out here. I hope you will visit when you can. Sherry

Stacey said...

Hey Kristi! I saw where you commented on Michele's blog today. Just wanted you to know you are missed too.

Dee said...

Love the leopard shade. Think it would be great on the white lamp if you painted it to a darker beige to match the shade. Sofa table in a green would be good but I would edit the accessories. You have quite a bit there. Also loose the teal basket. Or paint it a red color .

Jaybird said...

If you ever see the tan lampshades with leopard insides,
PLEASE let me know!!! They would be pretty cute in my living room.
(which of course I mostly copied from you :^)
Blessings to you,
J

Heirloom treasures said...

I love crystal lamps but both look so nice
jeanette ann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails