Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Recycled finial

I wanted to share this very easy, very quick project with you.   We recently (in the last 2 years) got a Hobby Lobby.  After YEARS of hearing my cousins bargains there.  She lives in the South.    Anyway, it's one of my favorite craft and decor stores.   I don't get there too often, but when I do I'm usually in there a LONG time!  My poor family knows the deal and usually wants me to go there alone. ;)

I bought an adorable wine stopper there that had a crown on it.  Well, I BROKE the cork part off trying to get it out of the wine bottle.    It was too cute to throw away.  So I thought for a minute and came up with this idea.....









 I spray painted one of those plain finials that come on lamps sometimes.  





Then I glued the crown to the finial I spray painted black.














 Voila!  From broken to recycled!  Sometimes the littlest things excite me!!!






I think it makes an ADORABLE finial!  On my thrift store lamp! 

XOXO

10 comments:

Michele Smith said...

I LOVE this idea! I have a lamp that is missing a finial. Thank you for sharing, I've got to keep my eye open for something cute.
I have to drive a couple hours to get to a Hobby Lobby, I haven't been to one in years and I think I was in Texas visiting family the last time I went.

Patty Sumner said...

You are so right...It turned out great! What a neat idea. I love Hobby Lobby too...It is so funny. My hubby usually ends up sitting in the car. I could spend hours...lol...Blessings!

Stacey said...

How neat! You'll enjoy it more this way I bet.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE IT!! What a great idea Kristi!

NanaDiana said...

That DOES make an adorable finial! I love it! I love HL, too-one of my favorite shopping spots-especially when they have sales- xo Diana

Deserae said...

Love it.....so cute! It looks perfect on your lamp as a finial :o)
~Des

Jen Kershner said...

I think that is nothing short of brilliant and if I had one I would break it on purpose!

Ivy and Elephants said...

What an adorable idea! It looks just perfect there. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Patti

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Kristi! What a great idea! I love how this turned out.

Banba said...

That is so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails