Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

A few fun finds and freebies!

WOW, say that 3 times fast! LOL!  It has been one of those weekends that went by in the BLINK of an eye!   I  have been busy making some decisions on the new house and it's making my head spin, lol.   

We hit a garage sale and they were closing up shop so everything was free!  I'm so happy I have a husband that likes to "junk" right along with me!   We always look for old metal lawn sprinklers while we are out and we found one.  We have a collection, we just like them and we do use them too, LOL.  And also found this cute little green chair, records and two beautiful embroidered tablecloths!  One is round and the other is rectangle. 


yes, the cob webs are still on it, I was excited and took the picture immediately, LOL!

I bought my husband a record player for his birthday a few years back and he loves it. So the free records were a special score!







  Of course I had to stop at Sally's (my pet name for Salvation Army) on the way to Lowe's.  And I found this lamp.  I almost left it there, but I can see this in either white, red or green.  It's wood and heavy and BIG.  There is just something about it that I think will be spectacular with a lil' spray paint! 







Oh and I also found this vintage (I think antique) wicker chest on casters a few weeks ago at a church sale!  I couldn't resist and think I might use it in the baby's room in the new house.  Or maybe for blanket storage in the cozy keeping room.  Either way, I had to have it!!!



See the cute little casters? :)


I am going to post some of the exterior selections we made this week.  I am trying to decide on exterior lights right now and found a GREAT deal on ebay.  I just have to COMMIT!  Hard for me! :)   

Hope you all had a great weekend!

I'm linking up to Rhoda's  Thrifty Treasure's linky party!  Come Join the fun :)


XOXO

14 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Kristi,
It's so nice to meet you! You found some great deals. The hamper is precious with the pretty fabric.

Thanks for your visit and compliments. You are always welcome anytime sweet friend.
The hardwooods are a deep dark cherry stain. They came this way from the builder about 4 years ago. I wish I had more info on them but I don't. They are one of our favoriite things about our home. I just love em'! Enjoy the building process. How exciting!

Have a wonderfully blessed week.
~Warmly, ~Melissa :)

raggygirlvintage said...

Wow, quite the haul, love your chippy chair and the wicker basket has great potenial. Also love cute Rudolph!!

Tracey

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

The free stuff is just outstanding! Love the wicker trunk, and the lamp is great. Honestly, if you left it that blue, it looks very up to date in a room with red...it photogrphs sort of turquoise. And the chippy chair is "good to go"...nothing more to do! Linda

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You found the best stuff. Look at the chippy patina of that chair and it was free, come on. That lamp is awesome. It will look great in any color with a nice shade. Love that wicker hamper and how cute is the inside of it!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

That wicker basket is soooo cute inside. I can see why you like it! It's adorable! Great finds on the rest of your goods too! Especially the freebies! Wow! Looks like you had a great weekend!

gena said...

LOVE the wicker chest ! I'm so jealous how you find all this great stuff - we don't have any sales like that around here !!!!!!



gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

Melissa Miller said...

Thanks for your sweet comments and for following along on my blog Kristi! I look forward to getting to know you better. I appreciate your input on my blog chat post. I'm glad we feel the same way.

*Smiles & Blessings* ~Melissa :)

All That Glitters said...

I love the lamp and chair!!! Have a great week!!!
~Jennifer

Vanessa said...

Cute blog title, I love the lamp you found. The artwork on your records charms me as well!

Becca Bertotti said...

Hi Kristi! Thanks so much for stopping over to visit my humble abode and leaving such a sweet note. I have to say that I LOVE your kitchen !! It's beautiful ... your color choices are the colors I love. You asked about the paint in my kitchen/great room ... well, believe it or not, but it's one color down on your SW color strip ... Restrained Gold. (I see that you have Blonde and Ivory in your home.) I love that whole strip ... and, am considering painting the kitchen (including our red wall) SW Blonde to lighten it all up a bit (keeping the great room Restrained). I look forward to following along as your build your dream home!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

I love your wicker chest! Great finds!

Anonymous said...

OH! I love the lamp. And I would wrestle you for that wicker basket thing.

{edie} said...

i love every single thing!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Can't get any better than free, and I love that wicker basket! laurie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails