Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

This weeks fun finds

Last weekend I went yardsaling with my mom.  We stopped at a few and did pretty good.  Of course we stopped at the thrift store as well.  My car can't seem to drive by it without pulling in!   























I got this old phone while out.  I love old phones,  I love their rings, I love everything about them.  Yes I am insane, lol! :)  $1



This buffalo check pillow is all down and was only $2 and the best part?  I have it's mate waiting for it in a storage container for the new house, LOL!



This wine bottle made me SO HAPPY and the $2.99 price tag had me jumping for joy!!!



I also have a "thing" for baskets, ALL kinds!  This one is metal and with a liner, LOVE IT!  I think it's going in the boys' bathroom to hold their stuff! $1.99



And last but not least, I got this wonderful copper skimmer (my sister will kill me, I know there is a proper term for this...... is it spider? oh boy, lol)  with metal handle and ring!  It was only 49 cents!  I LOVE COPPER.   Last year I took down my potrack over the island and had to take all my pretties down.  But I have two wall hung pot racks for the new house and can't WAIT to display my collection again! :)


I have been working in the garden and planting all my urns and containers this week!  It has been H O T here!  In the mid 90's!!  Only in upstate NY can you wear winter clothes and summer clothes in the same week!!!!
xoxo

11 comments:

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh you were a lucky girl this week! Your finds are just wonderful! I am in love with the wine bottle and strainer thingy;)...so vintage and chic!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love that wine bottle too! What wonderful finds!

Manuela

Angie said...

Great finds! That wine bottle is so perfect for French country house!

Deserae said...

WOW...you found some wonderful goodies!! It has been crazy hot here too. This is the first time ever I can remember running the furnace one day and the a/c the next...insane! Have a wonderful holiday weekend :o)
~Des

All That Glitters said...

You got some really cute stuff!!! A thrift shop always pulls me in too!

gena said...

Ooooh, fun finds ! The phone and the wine bottle remind me of my childhood in the 60's. My mother had a bunch of the wine bottles with drippy candles in them !!!!!

thanks for sharing your loot !

gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

Jen Kershner said...

I'm absolutely swooning for that wine bottle. What a score. Love all your stuff. I love the coppern too, it just seems so french to me!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, and OMG. You got that demi john bottle for a super duper good price. Those go for over $100 here. You lucky dog! I want more of those, but they are so expensive. My mouth dropped open when I saw that.

danaday said...

Yes it's a spider lol. Tonight when Jeana walked in she grabbed it and said,"I won't hit madi with this", lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails