Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Playing house

                                                                                                                                    Madi's cute toes :)

It's official.    I am playing house  here and having a B L A S T ! ! !   The first week we were here we unpacked bedrooms minimally, unpacked the kitchen (as best as we could) and then concentrated on getting the old house ready to close.  I will let you know that it was overwhelming  to get it all done in that little bit of time.  

But it has been so GREAT to settle in here.  Well,  settle is a funny word.  Does "settled" mean unpacked, decorated and all done?  Or does settled mean home?  For us right now it means home!

Mainly because we don't have all our furniture yet, my sofa is being reupholstered as we speak.  It will go in the family room.   We did buy a new one for the keeping room and it was delivered today, more pics to come.    Taking it slow and doing things little by little.  Like deciding if this picture should go above the mantle.......





Or one of these instead?




You get the idea! :)
XOXO

11 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So exciting. Your wall color looks a lot like mine.

All That Glitters said...

Yay!!!! You are home!!!! you do have a ton of pics to choose from!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Michele Smith said...

How exciting! So happy for you to be moved into your new home. I can't wait to see everything in its place.

Jen Kershner said...

Oy! That's a lot of work. I know you are enjoying every minute of it though. I look forward to being in your shoes in 2 weeks.

KimMalk said...

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog--I've thought about you and wondered where you'd been. Your new house looks ah-maze-ing! I know it will be "home" in no time and looking exquisite, since you have excellent taste. Blessings to you and many happy new memories :).

The Martys said...

I am so glad you are home!!! Have fun decorating. How exciting to have everything fresh and new! ( Our house is on the market and I am anxious to get it sold so we can find our dream home. No building for us. I couldn't handle all the decisions. Too stressful for me.) Can't wait to see more!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Kristi, what fun you must be having! I know whatever you do will be wonderful! Congratulations on moving in. I know you are thrilled. laurie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kristi, thank you SO much for the sweet comments on my moving post. You've been a good friend over the years & I appreciate you. Going thru this is not easy, but I know I will survive it too.

How exciting for you to be in a new house, it really looks beautiful, can't wait to see more.

Kim said...

The pic is adorable Kristi, but I'd love to see that fabulous clock over the mantle! I'm SOOO happy to hear that you finally moved in and even happier for me that I get to see pics of it! Have fun playing house sweet friend.
xoxo,
Kim

Pamela said...

I always love unpacking and figuring out where to place things! Continue enjoying making y our house a home!

Jen Kershner said...

Kristi! Your house is gorgeous. What a dream come true! I love that painting and always have.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails